Saturday, January 22, 2011

Work out the door and in the gallery yahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Seems a wee bit trivial to be worrying and organizing an exhibition, what with all the people suffering from the recent floods. . . . .however, life seems to move on regardless and one does, what one must!!!
Beauty of Patterns lost
Biodiversity is a slippery subject. 61 x 61 cm (work in process - few more layers since )

I was so relieved to be able to drop off, the 17 art works I have been working on, to the Logan City Art Gallery

The moisture content in the atmosphere here in Yeronga and I presume elsewhere in Brissy, is currently very lethal to art works. Also, the sheer quantity of other peoples belongings that have been stored at out house, while people get their own houses organized, means that my paintings have been occupying half the halfway for the past few weeks.

It is a wonder they are still okay with the amount of times they have been kicked, knocked over or moved.
When we move in, who must move out? 61 cm x 61 cm ( work in progress, few more layers since )

I am now looking forward to seeing them hung and can't wait to see how they are curated. I always adore the way the Logan City Art Gallery presents a show. It is so professional and aesthetically clean, with desirable brochures and a great opening night.

So please pen in the 25 Th February, to join me at the Gallery for the opening night.

Yes! I will send out an email reminder closer to the actual date . . . but, I do know how busy you all get and thought I'd just send this out early.

Look forward to seeing you there. xxxx
Thank you to everyone who has rung, emailed, face-booked and personally extended their well wishes over the past weeks. We are Okay and survived mostly unscathed during the floods.
Best wishes to you and yours.



No comments:

Post a Comment