Saturday, January 1, 2011

Missing you like crazy

Parting, how can it ever be a sweet sorrow? A mighty painful blow is what it is. Or it could be described as a God almighty kick in the guts, or a heart wrenching blow. Nothing sweet about it.

We felt like we had just retrieved you from a saturated, smelly Woodford folk festival, for a much needed clean, when we found ourselves once again, taking you out the door, onto another journey.


How do they manage to be sooooo Glamorous, despite the mud !



We dutifully deposited you at the airport terminal, for a 2.45am departure to Singapore, with the final destination being a year in China. I was full of everything I wanted to say and not knowing how to say any of it. How do you express so much LOVE and so much wanting to, not let you go . . .but, knowing you must.

I spent the night roaming the house looking into all the cupboards and wardrobes full of discarded items and abandoned matter. Why were you not here? Why go? A fridge full of half consumed food and a washing basket brim full of dirty clothes. I felt your absence like an aching hollow.

A fridge full of memories

For 19 years you have laughed, cried, partied, relaxed, dined, had numerous sleep overs and studied within these walls and gardens. Your joyful ability to embrace life, as an all consuming fantastically positive adventure, has enhanced all our lives and contributed hugely to our happiness.

Birthday wishes . . . . Happiness throughout 2011 !!



Now here I am, at this early hour not able to sleep. . . . what to do?

So, I have decided to start this diary as a way of sending my LOVE to you, from here to there. I will make regular entries of random things, that I know you will remember, enjoy or find amusing. So keep popping in to see what is HERE and to find some more LOVE, I am sending to you THERE.


Keep happy my darling. We wish for you, every small joy, each and every day.

From . . . Missing you like crazy. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment