Saturday, January 8, 2011

And life goes on

Going through all your goodies, trying to decide what to keep and what to throw away, I came across your Graduation speech from St Sebastians. Grade 7 - to All Hallows.

"Graduation, or otherwise known as the 'big G', the 'big yah', or the 'big cry'. I remember grade 1 like it was yesterday, when I walked in the school gate and my bag was as big as I was. And when I walked out my socks were always filthy. I was scared of starting at a big school but I soon made friends and had good times . . . .So I got home on the last day of school and said to Mum & Dad " I don't want to go to year 2", but Mum just smiled and replied, ' but, you'll have so much fun and it won't be long before you will LOVE it !" And that was the end of grade * . . . "

Each year is a repeat of the same lament, "I don't want to grow up, or move to another grade ". . . now after so many years, I find myself thinking and repeating the same message to you. . . "it won't be long and you will love it", but this time I feel like I am talking to the converted.

Moving forward . . . .what travels, memories and stories you will have to tell.
LIFE . . .it sure is full of some mighty grand sights to see and adventures to share.


LOVE you and only wish I could be there to share every moment with you . . . .xxxxxx
from missing you like crazy . . .but, I am so very happy that you are having such a great time.

1 comment:

  1. OH MAN THAT SPEACH WAS SO GREAT!!!!!

    THATS EXACTLY HOW I FEEL RIGHT NOW.

    I don't think it will ever really change.

    love you, this is wonderful

    ReplyDelete